First Visit - Townsville Orthodontics
We provide all new patients with the ability to pre-fill their Contact and Health History forms prior to their first visit. This form helps ensure we have the most current information regarding your contact details and health history.
Since diagnosis is the key to successful orthodontic treatment, our diagnostic phase consists of 3 appointments.
1. Rebate Only Consultation
The Initial examination is to determine if orthodontic treatment is necessary at this time. If it is necessary, some head & jaw x-rays will be taken.
2. Records Appointment (second)
Complete records are taken in order to make a thorough diagnosis. These include orthodontic models for tooth size analysis, extra-oral and intra-oral photographs and x-ray analysis, jaw analysis, postural analysis and airway analysis.
The fee for this appointment is $380.50 payable on the day of the appointment. Item Numbers used – 071x2, 072, 073, 081, 082, 963, 037 and 013. When convenient, this can be done at the same time as the initial consultation.
3.Consultant Appointment (third)
This appointment is where your records are reviewed and your case and treatment plan is discussed. It also gives you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have. Treatment time and cost are discussed at this appointment for which there is no charge.
Our goal is to be the best part of your day. We make it a top priority to value both you and your time. That is why we make every effort to stay on or ahead of schedule. However, as the practice is continually growing, it is unavoidable that some work-time/school-time appointments will be necessary. To ensure quality orthodontic care, it is important that our patients understand the manner in which we schedule.
We will be glad to work around schedules as often as possible. We can provide medical certificates as proof of orthodontic appointments for submission to your work or school if required. We thank you for your understanding with our scheduling process and want you to know that our staff will work hard to provide the finest orthodontic care with the most convenient scheduling system possible.
- Long appointments, Initial new patient/Diagnostic records appointments, Initial records for fabrication of appliances, fitting of appliances, impressions for retainers, Banding/Debanding and Bonding appointments: These are more detailed and technique-sensitive appointments and therefore will be scheduled during our quieter hours (9:30am to 1:00pm).
- Emergencies: (discomfort, Swelling or bleeding). This usually results from trauma to the face or mouth and these patients will be seen as soon as possible and appropriate care given or referred to another specialist for treatment.
- Repairs: (loss or breakage of brackets/appliances). These appointments are always scheduled during our quieter hours between 9:30am and 1:00pm because they are long visits. The vast majority of your appointments over the course of treatment will be short appointments. By seeing our long-visit patients during our quieter hours, we can accommodate more people in our schedule at busy times (2pm to 5pm).
- Regular Appointments: Your treatment requires that you be seen by Dr. Pulvirenti at specific intervals. Your office visits will be scheduled approximately every 4-6 weeks to monitor your progress.
- Missed Appointments: Rescheduling of missed appointments or those not cancelled within 48 hours may require waiting 2-4 weeks. An appointment during work/school hours may be arranged sooner.